Saturday, March 19, 2011

Couch-to-5k: Week 2

Week 2
5 minute warm up, 20 minutes of intervals (run 1.5 minutes, walk 2 minutes), 5 minute cool down

Day 1 - March 13th, evening
Not much to say - felt pretty good.  I must be in better shape than I thought, because so far this time around has not been as difficult as the first time when I started running.  I noticed afterwards that my ankle was a little sore (it has given me trouble for most of my life), so I'll probably wear my tensor on it from now on when running.

Day 2 - March 16th, evening
I almost didn't go today.  After taking a 2 day break, it was really hard to motivate myself to get on the treadmill, especially considering that my "monthly friend" is back after a year-long hiatus.  I didn't think I had the energy for a run, but I felt pretty good once I started.  Walked at 3.2 mph and ran at 4.2 mph.

Day 3 - March 18th, evening
Another good run.  Bumped up the speed to walking at 3.3 mph and running at 4.3 mph.  I actually haven't put my tensor on my ankle yet, and it's been feeling okay.

No comments: