Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sleep

I don't think that Emmett liked me writing that he was sleeping through the night.  He's been up the past 2 nights in a row now (since I wrote that!).  I guess he just wants to keep me on my toes.  He's been up around 4 or 4:30, which isn't too bad, since I go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00, so that gives me a decent amount of uninterrupted sleep.  Usually he's only up for about 15-20 minutes - drinks his bottle, gets a diaper change and then goes right back to sleep - so that's not too bad either.  The hard part for me is going back to bed.  These past 2 nights have been okay - I think it's only taken me about half an hour to get back to sleep.  For a while it was taking me an hour or more to get back to sleep after being up with him, which was really frustrating.  Especially if he was up at 5 or 5:30.  Then I'd barely get back to bed and Carey's alarm would start going off (and he's addicted to the snooze button - booo). 
Anyway, hopefully Emmett will get back to sleeping through the night (before this he did it 5 nights in a row), and mommy will be a bit happier.

No comments: