Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stuck (and okay with it)

If you're a frequent reader of my blog, you may notice that I removed the "last 10 lbs of baby weight" weight loss ticker from my sidebar.  You may have also noticed that it didn't change much while it was there.  I lost about 2.5 lbs of those last 10 lbs, and the rest seems to be stuck.  Honestly, I'm not making that much of an effort to get rid of it.  You may have also noticed that I haven't posted a Couch-to-5k update for a while.  I actually haven't been on the treadmill for 2 weeks now.  With the busyness of the birthday week, and then Easter, I just haven't made time for it lately.  And I haven't had the energy for it.  I know that's a poor excuse, because I often find that exercising regularly gives me more energy.  Oh well.

I've decided that I'm going to accept the weight that I'm at right now, at least for the time being.  It's not where I was when I got pregnant with Emmett, but it's also not where I was when I got pregnant with Annika, so I'm okay with it.  What led me to this decision is the fact that I really need some new clothes for spring and summer and I don't want to keep putting it off until I lose those last few pounds.  Two summers ago I was losing weight, so I didn't really buy any new clothes then (I could still make do with what I had).  Then I got pregnant in early 2010, and I still wore my larger clothes and then maternity clothes for that summer.  But now I really need something that fits me properly.  I'm hoping to do some shopping tomorrow (without kids!).  It's a bit of a challenge for me, as I'm not a big fan of shopping.  At least not for myself - I love buying stuff for the kids!  I find it exhausting to look at everything, try to find something that I like that also doesn't break the bank, then trying everything on, finding different sizes....  Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to it, but it's necessary.  

Even though I'm not going to be actively trying to lose weight, I do want to get back to exercising regularly (I'm on week 6 of 9 in the Couch-to-5k program and I'd really like to finish it), as well as keep trying to eat healthier.  This is a MEGA challenge for us right now, as we have so much left-over cake, candy and chocolate in the house from birthdays/Easter.  I'm actually thinking of just throwing some of it out (not the good stuff though), just so we're not tempted to eat it all just because it's there.  With the nicer weather coming, I'm hoping that we'll be able to get outside on a regular basis and get more fresh air and exercise too (even if it's just wearing Emmett in the wrap while Annika's playing - half an hour of carrying around a 17 lb baby is a workout, even with the carrier!).  So there may be weight loss to report in the future, or there may not.  And maybe by summer I'll be a little more motivated to crack down and really work at it - we'll see.  But this is where I'm at for now.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those last few pounds are the hardest to get rid of. I can tell you that baby wearing is most definitely exercise I think that is how I lost a lot of my baby weight after Syd was born, although I did pretty much carry her all the time... when she wasn't nursing that is hehe.

You look great Pam, it's great to eat and live healthy so keep up the great work!

Andrea said...

Good healthy attitude Pam! Down with obsessing about weight. Yay us!!

And you look absolutely fantastic, by the way!