Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The jumper

Last week Wednesday, at my last sewing class, I started working on a jumper for Annika.  Well, I was so excited about it, I couldn't help myself and I finished it by Saturday.  Those of you who attend our church got to see it in person already, as I made Annika wear it on Sunday (she was enthusiastic about wearing it on Saturday, but had changed her mind by Sunday morning.  I made her wear it anyway :P).

Here are some pics...





The pattern is very simple - no buttons or zippers - and now that I know what I'm doing, I think I should be able to make it again fairly quickly.  I will probably make another one (or a bunch more - the pattern goes up to size 6x) in a lighter fabric by spring time.  I'm pretty proud of myself that, except for getting everything ready and cut at my sewing class, I did all the sewing (and figuring out) all by myself.  There were a few things I didn't quite understand and I made a few mistakes (thank goodness for Google and a seam ripper!), but I persevered and it turned out really well.  I love how simple and neutral it is - she can wear it with pretty much anything.  I'm still debating as to whether I add a few buttons on the front or just leave it as is.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You did a great job - it looks so cute on her! A few buttons on the front would add a bit of zip to it - although depending on the colors of buttons, it could limit what she could wear with it...

Melissa said...

I love this jumper so much, I say ask your FIL to make you some buttons from a small branch or log. That's my thought:) If you do ask him, have him make a few extras for me- hehe

Gin said...

I have lots of buttons if you want to go through them and take the ones you want. Very cute jumper!! You are inspiring me!! I brought my sewing machine home this evening. It was at Lil's but now it's back where it belongs!