Thursday, November 10, 2011

Refashion: dress to skirt


October 2009

Annika has this dress that I am absolutely in love with.  I bought it in 2009 from The Children's Place and it's a size 18 months.  However, she just recently stopped wearing it - 2 years later!  Once the length was no longer suitable as a dress, she wore it as a tunic top with leggings.  The full-length sleeves became 3/4 length sleeves.  However, now it's really too small in the shoulders and so I was getting ready to put it in the "too small" pile.  Then I came across this idea - turn a too-small dress into a skirt!  Genius!!  Here's how it turned out.

 By the way, the color has not faded that much - just poor lighting for my photos and too lazy to try to fix it!



Before


After



Yay!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it, it looks amazing as a skirt!

Lisa said...

Looks fantastic! I actually think it looks better as a skirt. :-)