Friday, March 16, 2012

Last ballet class

Yesterday was Annika's last ballet class, and they "performed" a little routine that they had been working on for the past few weeks.  I taped it with my camera (Annika didn't want me to bring the videocamera along - apparently I embarrass her already :P), but I was unable to figure out how to get it posted here.  So here's a picture of her after class instead.


Now that ballet is done we have a few weeks off and then swimming starts.  I wasn't able to get the kids into the classes that I wanted (a morning class), but I was at least able to get them into classes at the same time, so that's a minor victory.  The downside is that the classes are from 7:00-7:30 on Wednesday evenings.  Annika already has school on Wednesday afternoons, so I guess we'll have to see if she still has any energy left for swimming by the time evening comes.

PS. if anyone is looking to buy used ballet slippers, let me know!  Annika has pretty much grown out of these ones - I think they're a size 8 or 8.5.

2 comments:

Gin said...

Your Mom said that Annika was the most talented, cutest one of the group!! Glad she enjoys her classes.

Nancy said...

Super cute! Sounds like Annika had a good ballet teacher. Lillian lost interest in about three weeks because her teacher tried to make them all stand in the same spot for over half an hour trying to teach them various still poses. Maybe some three year olds can stand still that long but mine cannot. Plus, a "timeout" spot was introduced :( That's when I lost interest.