Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wooden dolls - one more thing...

One more thing about the dolls...  I forgot to mention this in my post yesterday, but I wanted to give a "shout out" to the Etsy shop where I bought the unfinished dolls. 

8 Dolls - Choose YOUR OWN family - Wooden Peg Dolls - Two 3.5" Parent Dolls and 6 Child-size Dolls

It's called "Goose Grease Undone" and you can find it here.  They also have a shop where they sell painted dolls.  There are two things I like about this shop - first is the name.  I don't know the meaning of "goose grease" to the store owners, but to me, it makes me think of this Dwight quote from "The Office" (one of my favorite shows):
"We Schrutes use every part of the goose. The meat has a delicious, smoky, rich flavor. Plus you can use the molten goose grease and save it in the refrigerator, thus saving you a trip to the store for a can of expensive goose grease."
The second thing I like about the shop is the fact that some of their dolls are fair trade.
"These dolls are brought to us through a fair trade agreement with a carpenter we met in Bogota, Colombia. We pay him directly for all of his hard work with these wonderful dolls with a share that is fairly and jointly agreed upon. The dolls are made from Urapan, a wood found and commonly used in Colombia. They are hand-chiseled and sanded on a lathe. We visited his tiny and picturesque shop where we discussed with him the design and our wishes. He happily obliged, and we are very pleased to bring you more options for creating your own personalized family of dolls!"
They also provided great customer service, shipped quickly and the dolls were exactly as pictured.  I'd definitely recommend them, if you're thinking about doing some dolls of your own. :)

No comments: