Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My baby and his baby

Yesterday I wrote about Emmett and his love of puzzles and all things that "fit together" and so today I thought I'd write about another one of his interests - his baby.  Well, technically it's Annika's baby, but he has adopted her and loves her dearly.


He keeps her swaddled in a piece of green fabric (or rather, he insists I swaddle her, several times a day), and he will hug her, rock her, shush her, feed her, etc.  It's really sweet to see, and I treasure it because I know it's a "limited time only" kind of thing.  It won't be long before he realizes that there are "girls' toys" and "boys' toys", and a doll is NOT a "boy's toy."  So for now, I love seeing this little glimpse of his more tender, empathetic side, and I hope that it still remains in some form, even when he no longer plays with dolls.

On a related note, Annika has recently taken an interest in the shows "Handy Manny" and "Bob the Builder" - we're bending the gender stereotypes all over the place!

No comments: