Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A few of my favorite things: knot genie brush

Annika has long, fine, straight hair.  And it tangles like nobody's business.  Most of the time it's not so bad if I put it in a ponytail or braid, but when it's loose I know there are probably going to be tears at bedtime when it's time to comb it.  After a bath is also a pain (and it seems like detangling spray does nothing to help).  So when I saw a brush called "The Knot Genie" go on sale on Baby Half Off (one of my favorite deal websites), I figured it would be worth it to give it a try.  Let me tell you - this brush would be worth it even at full price!  I was absolutely amazed.  I love this brush (other than the fact that I don't find it as "easy to hold" as they say - I've dropped it more than a few times).  Here's the secret to it (from the Knot Genie website):



It all has to do with the different lengths of teeth on the brush. When brushing, they bend just right, to gently untangle the hair. And because of this lack of stress, the hair's cuticle stays unharmed... revealing the smoothest, shiniest hair you've ever seen.


I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has to deal with tangle-y hair.  It's made a huge difference for us - hardly any more tears or complaints when it's time to brush Annika's hair.  And Annika is much happier too! ;)

**Please note: this is not a paid advertisement, nor did I receive anything for free in exchange for this review.  It's just something I like and want to share with you.**

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great find! Glad it's helped cut down on the "trauma". :)