Saturday, January 25, 2014

Emmett's hat

I finally finished up the hat I was making for Emmett (I ran out of yarn last week when I was almost done).  However, the yarn I bought wasn't the same dye lot, so there's a very slight color difference, although I'm sure you probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't said anything.

I followed this pattern for a basic earflap hat, but I made a lot of mistakes and had to redo quite a few things (and in the end there are parts that I'm still not totally happy with, but it was time to just put this baby to bed).  My biggest mistake was grabbing the wrong size of needles to start (3 sizes bigger than the pattern called for) and not realizing it until I was about half way done.  At that point I wasn't going to unravel all my hard work and start over, so the result is that the hat is big enough for Emmett to wear until he's too cool for pompoms and earflaps (I tried on the hat and it fits me - oops).



Emmett wasn't in much of a picture-taking mood this morning (yes, he's still wearing his jammies), so this was the best I could get for now.  I'll try to get a picture with his matching scarf later on.

No comments: