Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcome home

It's been almost 4 years since we moved into our house, however one thing that didn't move with us at that time was our piano.  We "stored" it at my in-laws place while we were building the house, and it just... kind of... stayed... there.  For 4 years.  The biggest reason was because I was unsure where in our house I wanted it.  We have an "open concept" house, so that means not a lot of separate rooms/doors to be closed, and I always thought that I wanted to have the piano somewhere where the sound could be somewhat contained, if needed.  I recall there were times when I was young and was practicing piano and my mom would close the doors (but that was probably just because you were on the phone, right mom??? ;) ), and I wanted to be able to do that too. 

Over Christmas we decided to rearrange things in our "office"/kids' craft room (the only actual "room" on the main floor - other than the bathroom!) to make a spot for the piano.  It's a little bit of a mess in there still, but we got the piano moved in today, and I'm really happy with it there.  I actually started dreaming of making that room a "music" room - maybe someday....


The kids are excited to have the piano here, and Annika is very anxious to start learning how to play.


She even decided to "write" her own song and got me to help her play it.

No comments: